Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recap of Summer 2009

Their won't be many pics this time, just a recap.  I never got the car professionally tuned, all the tuning thus far has been done solely by myself, on the street.  I did quite a bit of racing, some on the track.  Two of the events stand out over the rest.

First event:  I had only tuned it to 14psi, no methanol injection, and the track was shut down to only 1/8th mile.  I ran a best of 8.7 at low 90 MPH.  The set-up seemed to be on track for an 11 second pass at higher boost levels.

Last event:  I had tuned the car to 26psi, injecting 11gph of methanol at this time. I started making passes at 17psi, no meth, just to get the feel of it.  I was running 245/45/R16 Hankook Ventus R-S2 street tires on the rears. Sadly, even at low boost, I was experience MAJOR problems with my clutch.  The clutch was slipping during launches and while shifting.  I *think* my pressure plate is the cause, however I'll determine the main cause during the upcoming winter (don't buy Unorthodox Clutches!!!).  My best 60 ft of the night was a 1.906, with a best quarter mile of 12.870 at 108.29 MPH.  By the end of the night, I turned the boost up to 22psi and was running methanol injection.  With the clutch slipping even more, I was running in the high 13's at a best of 116MPH.

Apparently I was scurred.... lol.
Great times at Muncie Dragway!!!

More upgrades, coming soon!

No comments: