Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fall 2008

Problems with my current setup, and the main reason it did not stay running for long:
-Running out of fuel at 22psi even with 5gph of methanol being injected
-Couldn't advance timing to take full advantage of the increased octane from meth
-This was NOT going to get me into the 10's, or even low 11's

Around August, I found a killer deal on an AEM standalone EMS.  I snatched it up, and my car was back down for some overhaulin'!
 
Due to the fact I was no longer using the factory ECU, I could now get rid of the narrow band o2 sensor and exclusively run a wideband.  I cut off the o2 flange on my downpipe and welded a more appropriate bung on.

 
I added a polished 3" intake and 7" filter since the ugly AFM was gone.

I ended up doing a full brake job while the car was down: I painted the calipers and brackets, upgraded to porterfield RS4 pads all around, slapped on some new rear rotors, turned the front rotors and added some stainless brake lines.
I finished these upgrades around October and was able to drive the car around for a month before snow hit.  Still rocking 550cc injectors, I tuned the car to 22psi.... injector duty cycle was peaking at 98%.

Next modification: FUEL!

No comments: