Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2008 Winter and Spring

Lets see how much I can remember, I'll keep typing down :D.  Naturally the first winter I tore the car apart.
I knife edged my stock twin scroll exhaust mani.  I no longer was running a twin scroll turbo so I figured I could only benefit from this free modification.

I bought a MSD Digital 6 Plus to help with spark, as well as a coolingmist meth injection system so I could safely run more boost and eventually make a lot more power.

I also found a killer deal on some GSC 268 duration, 9.7mm peak lift cams and a set of Fidanza adjustable cam gears.  So I set about installing them, while in there I replaced the T-belt, idler pulleys, and tensioner with brand new OEM parts.  Cams were degreed to spec with a degree wheel, a dial indicator, and a lot of time.


I also bought a catch can, had the valve cover powder coated red, hand polished the intercooler piping, removed the EGR system, charcoal canister, and numerous related hoses.  The engine bay began to look half way respectable!
 
The car was all buttoned up and I was able to drive the red beast.  Sadly, it didn't stay running for long...

No comments: