Saturday, February 27, 2010

Winter 2008/ Spring 2009

The necessity for larger injectors was clear.  I bought some -6AN line, a Sard FPR, Wolfkatz top feed fuel rail and Denso 84lb injectors.  I already had a walbro 255 in tank so dropping the gas tank wasn't necessary.  This was a perfect time to address another known issue with the 3sgte, the intake manifold's uneven distribution of air and the root cause of the first rebuilt engine in this car.  ATS had just came out with their larger plenum, stock runner design so I snatched one up at a discounted price with a 75mm TB.  With everything out of the way and "tuck the engine harness fever" in full swing on mr2oc, I decided I would do so as well.  I upgraded to T-bolt clamps as well, polished a few more things, made some brackets to place the FPR and MSD coil, and tucked a few other engine parts.
 75mm TB  Freshly Polished
These two (Above and Below) show the trunk with all the wiring.  It still needs to be tidied up.  I welded a mount for the stock fuse box shown below.  Tucking the wire harness is easy, however I decided to re-wire all shielded wires (knock sensor, distributor signals, etc), all grounds, and cut any extra wires off.  This took at least 50 hours.  I will be surprised if I EVER do that again :D.  Worth the extra effort though, good clean sensor signals!



And finally an engine bay to be proud of:

Goals for summer 2009:  Hit the strip for the first time and get a profession tune!

No comments: