Friday, March 12, 2010

Well thats your problem!

Had some fun on spring break and dropped the transmission in my apartment's garage.  It actually went better than I thought... I had it out in around 5 hours and that was with me side-tracking on other little projects/thoughts (I've got some wild stuff scheming =D)!  
Here is a quick picture of my place:

So I got the transmission down, which is getting replaced with a low mileage LSD unit, pulled off the pressure plate and clutch.... and found some decent carnage.

The clutch disc definitely has material left, but it was slipping.... BAD!  I think I was simply overpowering this setup.  The clutch material was so overheated it started to glaze and chip.
In a few weeks I'm hoping to have the car running again, forgot to order axle seals =/ hehe.

No comments: